Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Remodeled garage / new studio


I haven't touched my camera in a long time, the battery life runs out before I can even turn it on (apparently my sister told me I need to take the battery out whenever im not using it)...so I've been using my itouch to capture any photo-worthy moments, unfortunately any photo-worthy moments can be ruined with itouch's horrible quality camera. Looks fine when viewing on a tiny screen, but once viewed on the computer its like seeing a photo without my glasses on. I reaaaaallly hope to get myself a DSLR or at least a more decent camera soon. Looking through a bunch of cooking blogs with amazing photos, I have to admit I am extremely envious of their high quality cameras and photography skills. I've been holding off on getting a better camera because I literally have no life. There would probably be nothing interesting to photograph because im always at home doing school work, going online, at school, or out buying groceries. On the other hand, perhaps having a better camera would motivate me to seek out more interesting things around me... Anyway, I managed to get some pictures of my remodeled garage/studio and FINALLY my toy collection (on display). I took these photos a few months ago and my collection have grown since then, but here they are anyway!

Im also thinking of changing my layout cause it suddenly feels too dark and gloomy. Im thinking of something more refreshing and simple (WHITE!)...and hopefully a bigger entry layout so I dont have to resize everything in photoshop. I love the minimalist style web pages (actually for anything, really), but I also realized im one of those people who tend to keep adding things on until it looks 'fancy'. Minimalism that doesn't look too 'under-designed' is quite hard to achieve.

On with pictures...

I'll start off with some before pictures of the garage (I posted these earlier)


Photobucket

It was completely filled with junk, the garage door was broken, the entire garage was self-built by the previous owner and was poorly constructed. A few stray cats used to live in there (and probably other little furry friends as well, but I would rather not think about it)


Photobucket

After around 10(??) trips to the landfill...Empty but the walls and floor were extremely dirty and some of the woods had deteriorated. There was also no 'ceiling'.

AND THE AFTER............


dun dun dun!!


Photobucket

Key to the studio!! (had to use a huge keychain+strap cause I kept leaving it in the studio)


Photobucket

Added a door, two windows, new walls, a ceilling, new flooring (and painted white), a new ceiling light, and a heater.

NOTE: These pictures were taken on different days. The earlier set were taken during my summer term and my studio was a mess because of 3D design projects.


Photobucket

Excuse the giant mess on my desk...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

LOL my dad's mahjong area. Im a bit hesitant about showing this side of my garage...


Photobucket

Took this photo when my studio was a bit neater... (now its more organized, but the floor is ridiculously dirty because of the rain and its too cold to work in there even though I have a heater.) Gotta do some major cleaning up when I have time. I also haven't done any decorating at all. Originally, I had a lot of ideas and plans in mind...but I haven't been motivated to start.


Photobucket
And more detailed shots of my designer toys/urban vinyl collection! (because thats the main focus here hahah. These aren't updated photos and I have more in my room (I have shared pictures of those a long time ago in my previous entries)


TOP ROW

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

SECOND ROW

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


THIRD ROW


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


FOURTH ROW


Photobucket

Photobucket


.....


I also woke up today and found a package at my door...

I WON THE LOTTERY!!!!

Just kidding, but its almost like winning a lottery. I got a huge set of to-fu oyako/ devilrobots toys from ebay for $61.25. It even included a brand new chogokin to-fu set (which was on my list of 'want but can never afford' toys). When I found out I won the bid, it felt like I had just won the lottery. This whole lot would probably value around $200++. Plus there were some rare pieces that are probably impossible to find now.

Photobucket

I couldn't believe my luck. I thought it was hilarious because at first I was going to bid $60.10 at the last five seconds but changed my mind to $61.25. I happened to win the other bidder by TWO CENTS! It was amazing I could hear the melody to hallelujah playing in the background......but I bet the bidder wanted to shoot me.


and here is the lot...


Photobucket

Lazy to take all the to-fus out of their boxes...Usually when people sell stuff in a 'lot'/set, I always find a few that I dislike. When I saw this lot on ebay, I was like, "I MUST WIN THIS BID. ITS MEANT TO BE MINE!! These were all the pieces I wanted in ONE BIG set with a ridiculously low starting bid. I thought the bid would go up to at least $120 and my budget was $80...but surprisingly there werent many bidders, probably cause devilrobots havent been releasing anything new lately.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The chogokin set!! The to-fu's bodies are made out of metal and it even includes two tinier versions!

Photobucket

Rare pieces!

I think I'll end this entry here and do the rest another time (mainly toys and random images I've saved over the months). I've done so much random artworks for school, but I havent been taking pictures/scanning or saving them so they're all over the place. I do have a lot of works from image manipulation course and intro to graphic design course saved on my desktop so I'll probably share some of those later. In fact, I might wait until the end of the term so I can collect all my works and share them at once.

2 comments:

j duong said...

Hi! I absolutely love your collection and I was just wondering if you knew the name of that red toy on the bottom shelf? It's the (transparent) red robot with a picture of popcorn on it I believe? I have a few of my own but I never actually got to find out what they're called. Thanks in advance!

joirobo said...

Thanks! I got it from a friend and the box didn't have a name on it. Im pretty sure its actually meant to be an imitation of devilrobot's To-Fu Oyako figures. Mine is a bank :)

Post a Comment