Thursday, August 2, 2012

A bit unwhale

Photobucket

David Choe's munko whale pretty much sums up how I've been feeling this term. Im in a bit of "funk" - as my school's front page like to call it (coincidentally, they posted this "student assistance" article recently). I think im going to have to blame the not-so-fun classes im taking this term. I think I've had enough of learning new things on Maya. We just don't get along. Period. If i ever die from flipping tables, high blood pressure, and banging my head on the wall, I point all fingers towards Maya.

Thankfully, after fall term (which will be full of awesome&fun classes i think)  im pretty much done with all my gen. ed and required courses... and probably won't be forced to take anymore classes that I have 0% interest in. This term im taking a character rigging class, scriptwriting, US history, and quick sketch. Quick sketch is no doubt my favorite course of the term...the rest is just making me count down how many more days I have to endure... *sigh till all leaves fall off trees*

I realized the term 'funk' means intense fear, which isn't quite accurate (and it sounds funky). To put in simple terms, I guess I just feel unmotivated to do anything. I feel a dread to do any work (unless its drawing). I've been feeling angry and down easily, and then suddenly I feel perky and happy (sounds like im bipolar ughh). I nap for no reason...actually I nap to get away from the stress, not because im tired. Literally every hour of the day, I tell myself I need to work on my drawing skills...just sketch SOMETHING...but I never do it, and then I beat myself up for not doing it.

Doesn't help that there were so many bad things going on in my family last week (recent death in family, grandma in hospital...) My mom is stressed and have no energy to cook or do any chores so I've been lending a hand . My sister and my dad flew back to HK and wont be back until a month later, my aunt is busy taking care of other things so I don't see her much at home anymore.

Anyway, I've been planning to start an art blog. Just a blog where I can post all my drawings and works from school. I found that this blog is sorta all over the place and not very suitable for professional use. Still planning the layout and then I gotta scan all my works from the beginning of the school year. Trying to think of a witty name for it...no luck as of yet.

Oh and as for David Choe's munko...they came out like two years ago but they never appealed to me until now.Maybe its because I can relate to how it's feeling? HAHA. I think I may try to get myself those three whales (the 3 colors look good together), but they're quite hard to find as opened box.

Okay, this entry is getting too long. Gonna get to work and finish some personal projects so I can move on.

Cow!

No comments:

Post a Comment