Thursday, August 9, 2012

Emotional cleansing!



Chopin - Tristesse, played by Valentina Igoshina (my favorite interpretation of the piece)

One of my favorite Chopin pieces (that I have yet to learn). I personally think its the most beautiful melody in the world- no exaggeration. After a hectic week, listening to this again is like stopping to smell flowers (hahah). I love so many of Chopin pieces that for the last few years, I've been learning them nonstop...so for my next piece im going to go back to Mozart for a change (which I haven't played in many years)...and guess what piece it is?




12 variations of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star! So freshing and fun!! Feels like im revisiting the good ol' childhood days.



Just finished learning Debussy's Arabesque...I have a tough time adjusting to Debussy's pieces since I've been playing Chopin and Beethoven pieces for so long. This piece took me awhile to learn, but definitely worth the effort. Such a beautiful piece, its like standing in a soft windy grass field ...feels very much like an impressionist painting to me (or maybe im just influenced by that impressionist painting on the video...although the one I picture is more airy and light)



I just realized how much Nodame Cantabile (my favorite jdrama of all times) influenced my choices. So many wonderful pieces in that drama!! One of my favorite is definitely Beethoven's Pathetique 2nd movement, which I learned several years ago. Unfortunately, my teacher said it was one of my weaker pieces (even though I enjoyed it a lot).



Recently started learning Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu...oh man, I've been wanting to learn this piece since years ago,  but I never thought I could do it. Must seriously thank my teacher's faith and support in me hahaha (she kept telling me that its not a hard piece although it sounds difficult)...but with my skills, who knows how many years it'll take me to finish learning it. I might be growing white hairs by then...



I played Chopin's Nocturne in E Flat Major for my recital this year (I was extremely nervous/pressured about being the last performer and messed up terribly in the beginning...ugh so embarrassing). I started on the No.1 as well, but never finished learning it. I love that piece as well, but it was just too much to learn along with my other pieces so I had to put it on hiatus. I'll probably get back to it some day though.


Chopin's Minute Waltz is probably my favorite Chopin pieces to play. I learned it years ago but I still play it for fun (I tend to stop practicing old pieces once I finish them and then I start forgetting how to play them). Its a very energetic piece (and probably one of Chopin's easier pieces), feels very exhilarating to play.

Okay, im lazy to post any more videos. I actually only planned on sharing two videos ...but somehow ended up with this many.

Just listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment