Saturday, March 3, 2012

UV unwrapping will be the death of me.

About to loose all my hair and shrink into a little acorn.


Photobucket

My final project for lighting&texture course is to texture and light a garage as realistically as possible. The texturing part is quite fun, but UV unwrapping makes me want to run over squirrels.

Photobucket

In process of organizing all the UVs. Obviously, I don't work like this, im just trying to show all the UV's at once. Basically I gotta organize every single one of these and pack them perfectly into that square grid/box- no overlaps, must be organized by its object and shapes. Also need to do some cutting and sewing to get rid of tiny little pieces. Im a noob at this so I bet professional maya users are snorting at me.

Photobucket

Texture practice did during class. The textures and model etc were provided by the instructor. He basically walked us through the entire process. No lighting and bump mapping here. Its a bit pixelated cause i was too lazy to take a hq rendered shot of it. It might look dark depending on your monitor, all the monitors at my school are set to maximum brightness.

Urgh...time to go back to uv unwrapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment